The reason trunk does not contain the latest code is that Pig has
undergone a complete redesign that we could not do incrementally on the
trunk without jeopardizing its stability. The decision was made to do
the work on a brunch and then merge branch code to the trunk when it is
stable.

The merging will be happening in the early January.

The second comment that Alan made is that we are about to start work on
cross query optimization - ability to combine computations across
multiple stores.

Olga