To address Santhosh's concerns that 1.0 is not an appropriate release number, I propose that we release the same code under the name 0.2.0.

On Mar 20, 2009, at 11:54 AM, Santhosh Srinivasan wrote:

-1 on the 1.0.0 release. IMHO, Pig is relatively stable but not quite
there. I would prefer 0.2.0

1. 1.0.0 signifies a highly stable and solid release which will require
a little bit more work.
2. Multi-query support will break the way users are using grunt
3. There are ongoing efforts for changing load and/or store interfaces

-----Original Message-----
From: Olga Natkovich []
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 3:21 PM
Subject: [VOTE] Release Pig 1.0.0 (candidate 0)

Pig Committers,

I have created a candidate build for Pig 1.0.0.

This release represents a major rewrite of Pig from the parser down. It
also introduced type system into Pig and greatly improved system

The rat report is attached. Note that there are many java files listed
as being without a license header. All these files are generated by

Keys used to sign the release are available at

Please download, test, and try it out:

Should we release this? Vote closes on Friday, March 20th.