[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-858?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12765735#action_12765735
 ] 

Ashutosh Chauhan commented on PIG-858:
--------------------------------------

Its been a while since I did that patch. So, bit more clarification: We are 
interested in finding PO which corresponds to "fragment" PO input of POFRJoin. 
This PO is already compiled and is in one the MROper. Earlier we  will iterate 
through compiledInputs array trying to match this PO  with PO contained in each 
MROperator. This fails as discussed in previous comments. With this change, 
since we keep track of MR operator with each physical operator it need not to 
do that but can simply look up for MROper corresponding to "fragment" PO in the 
phyToMROpMap.

> Order By followed by "replicated" join fails while compiling MR-plan from 
> physical plan
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: PIG-858
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-858
>             Project: Pig
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: impl
>    Affects Versions: 0.4.0
>            Reporter: Ashutosh Chauhan
>            Assignee: Ashutosh Chauhan
>             Fix For: 0.6.0
>
>         Attachments: pig-858.patch
>
>
> Consider the query:
> {code}
> A = load 'a';
> B = order A by $0;
> C = join A by $0, B by $0;
> explain C;
> {code}
> works. But if replicated join is used instead
> {code}
> A = load 'a';
> B = order A by $0;
> C = join A by $0, B by $0 using "replicated";
> explain C;
> {code}
> this fails with ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 2034: Error 
> compiling operator POFRJoin
> relevant stacktrace:
> {code}
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: 
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MRCompilerException:
>  ERROR 2034: Error compiling operator POFRJoin
>         at 
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.HExecutionEngine.explain(HExecutionEngine.java:306)
>         at org.apache.pig.PigServer.explain(PigServer.java:574)
>         ... 8 more
> Caused by: 
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MRCompilerException:
>  ERROR 2034: Error compiling operator POFRJoin
>         at 
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MRCompiler.visitFRJoin(MRCompiler.java:942)
>         at 
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.physicalLayer.relationalOperators.POFRJoin.visit(POFRJoin.java:173)
>         at 
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MRCompiler.compile(MRCompiler.java:342)
>         at 
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MRCompiler.compile(MRCompiler.java:327)
>         at 
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MRCompiler.compile(MRCompiler.java:233)
>         at 
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MapReduceLauncher.compile(MapReduceLauncher.java:301)
>         at 
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MapReduceLauncher.explain(MapReduceLauncher.java:278)
>         at 
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.HExecutionEngine.explain(HExecutionEngine.java:303)
>         ... 9 more
> Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
>         at 
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MRCompiler.visitFRJoin(MRCompiler.java:901)
>         ... 16 more
> {code}

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

Reply via email to