That's awesome, I've been itching to do that but never got around to it..
Garrit, do you have any benchmarks on read speeds?

I don't know about putting this in piggybank, as it carries with it pretty
significant dependencies, increasing the size of the jar and making it
difficult for users to don't need it to build piggybank in the first place.
We might want to consider some other contrib for it -- maybe a "misc"
contrib that would have indivudual ant targets for these kinds of
compatibility submissions?

-D