Hi Olga,
             We have been observing this problem with latest (0.6.0 release)
where pig is unable to get the job-id of the current M/R job it spawns. There
is reproducible test case but the problem is frequent enough to cause worries.
I'd like to get your opinion on opening a new Pig JIRA for this or reopening
PIG-948.  Please advise.

Regards
-...@nkur