This is because Hadoop 20 does not support distributed cache in local
mode. My understanding is that it would be part of Hadoop 22.

Olga

-----Original Message-----
From: Gang Luo [mailto:lgpub...@yahoo.com.cn]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 3:40 PM
To: pig-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: distributed cache in pig

HI all,
I notice that whether pig use distributed cache depends on the context
(local or mapreduce). When running in mapreduce mode, the distributed
cache is always enable (e.g. replicated join). However, I never find
such method, DistributedCache.getLocalCacheFiles(job), which get the
cached file from the local disk. So, how does pig read these files from
local disk? I am looking at the pig 0.7 source code.

Thanks,
-Gang