The optimization code is in the package org.apache.pig.experimental. The code is not used by default unless you set system property pig.usenewlogicalplan to true. A good starting point might be "org.apache.pig.experimental.logical.optimizer.LogicalPlanOptimizer".

Daniel

Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo wrote:
Thanks Daniel and Dmitriy for your answers, now I have a much clear idea of
what type of optimization work is being done on PIG. And just another quick
question, do you guys know where in the code those optimizations are?
I just want to give it a closer look (:

Renato M.