On 10/17/2012 05:43 PM, Eric Anholt wrote:
Brian Paul<bri...@vmware.com>  writes:

1. Do a simple test that glClear(GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT) works as expected.
2. Display the depth buffer contents as a grayscale image when not
    running in automatic mode to aid debugging.

Since we've got lots of tests that clear the depth buffer and rely on it
being cleared, this test doesn't make much sense to me -- if you're
trying to sanity check bit quality of just depth glClear on window
system framebuffers because fbo-clear-formats isn't covering your case,
it seems like you'd want a cross of fbo-clear-formats and
glx-visuals-depth.

I'm interested in the specific case of glClear(GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT) followed by glReadPixels() with nothing in between. It might not make sense to you but it's a case I'm specifically interested in for some specific wgl testing ATM.

-Brian