On 11/14/2012 12:11 PM, Tom Gall wrote:
Hi All,

I've an interest in using piglit for GLES testing on ARM for both linux
and android. I've noticed that things are a "bit light" in the GLES test
department.

That is something of an understatement. :) Which version of GLES do you want to test? 1.x? 2.0? 3.0?

It seems like perhaps some selective porting of parts of Glean but
written for GLES might be the wise thing to do however I'm new enough in
the area of GLES tests that there might be a source of already existing
GLES tests from another project that should be used that I just don't
know about.

I don't think I would start with glean. I suspect that take a lot of work up front to get any tests running. Now that piglit has Waffle, it should be easy to modify tests that use the piglit framework to run under GLES. I should have some patches out this week for shader_runner and glslparsertest.

Once that's in place, it might be interesting to harvest some tests from the WebGL test suite.

Appreciate any thoughts / feedback.

--
Regards,
Tom

"Where's the kaboom!? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering
kaboom!" Marvin Martian
Graphics Working Group | Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs
w) tom.gall att linaro.org <http://linaro.org>
h) tom_gall att mac.com <http://mac.com>