On 10/18/2013 05:19 PM, Eric Anholt wrote:
Chad Versace <chad.vers...@linux.intel.com> writes:

When I switched Piglit from GLUT to Waffle, I broke detection of X11
window resizes. When the user resized the window, Piglit called
piglit_display() but neglected to update piglit_width/height.

This patch ensures that Piglit updates piglit_width/height correctly.

(It's amazing that it took this long for anyone to fix it. People must
rarely resize Piglit windows).

ConfigureNotify tells you the new size.  And I'm not clear why you'd
need to update the size at Expose time.

I admit that I don't understand X protocol. I knew that ConfigureNotify
tells us the size, and I was unsure if Expose did also. So I played it
safe and updated the size on both events.

So, the size update on Event needs to get removed.

Is there a cleaner way to get the window size from the ConfigureNotify
event than calling XGetGeometry?