On 05/15/2017 08:05 AM, Marek Olšák wrote:
On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 9:49 PM, Eric Anholt <e...@anholt.net> wrote:
Marek Olšák <mar...@gmail.com> writes:

From: Marek Olšák <marek.ol...@amd.com>

Based on a benchmark from mesa/demos, but rewritten and extended.
It's a benchmark expected to be run separately, not a piglit test.
So why piglit? Because it's a good framework for writing apps like this.

mesa_glthread won't show an improvement here, because there is no app
overhead.

This is what the output looks like. The percentage is relative to
the first test of the given draw call.

The obvious thing there is that enabled vertex attribs decrease
Mesa performance even if there are no state changes.

Since nobody else has replied,

I think piglit is the wrong place for this.  I agree that it's sorta
convenient, but mesa-demos or glmark2 are the right place.

It can be moved to mesa/demos or glmark2 if/when they get support for
piglit's dispatch and multiple window systems including gbm/drm, so
that the code size of the test remains the same.

IMHO, I think it's fine to add performance tests to Piglit (I proposed a few years ago). As Marek said, the infrastructure is there and it would be wasted effort to duplicate it elsewhere.

-Brian