hi,

importing the pike-svn repo into git took 3 days.
git-svn seems to have some issues there, as the process got slower and
slower (and in the end git-svn had more than 300MB in ram (allocated 1GB))

the resulting repo had 178645 objects and a size of 1178MB.
git-svn allocates another 1.5GB for statusinformation on each branch.
(and because tags are branches, the 1729 tags result in as many branches)

however, after packing, the resulting repo ocupies a mere 44MB!!!

that alone is a good reason for me to use git, as it it gives me the
whole repo in the same space as the checkout of a single revision in
svn.

you can clone this repo from http://www.iaeste.at/~mbaehr/pike-svn.git
the svn import info is removed from that repo.

when we switch to svn i'll try to make a repo available that contains
the svn info to spare anyone else who wants ot use git-svn a 3day import.

greetings, martin.
  • pik... Martin Bähr
    • ... Martin Bähr
      • ... Stephen R. van den Berg