On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 05:15:02PM +0000, Martin Stjernholm,  Roxen IS @ Pike
developers forum wrote:
> But it is as you say: It is maturing very fast, hence it's not mature
> yet. I found several new and semi-essential features just by moving
> from the latest Ubuntu package to the latest upstream release.

yes, that's true i also keep discovering new features in new releases
that i don't want to live without once i know them

just out of curiosity which features are those for you?
(also what was the annoyance that caused you to get the git source to
fix it?)

> The eol handling property is nice when the same file is edited from
> both unix and windows.

i believe there is something for eol handling in git, check the hooks.

> In-file expansion of $Id$ stuff can be controlled with them too.

there is an approximation for this, i believe it works by adding the id
at checkout, and removing it at checkin. again, see the hooks

> > anyone who already synced from that branch, will have to rebase
> I wouldn't call that price small, though.

smaller than the svn price.

> Btw, git-svn choked on the pike svn repo.

hmm, i think i managed to get through it ayear ago. did you access the repo
locally? i set up a copy of the repo on my machine to do the import.

greetings, martin.
  • Re:... Peter Bortas @ Pike developers forum
  • Re:... Jonas Walldén @ Pike developers forum
    • ... Marcus Comstedt (ACROSS) (Hail Ilpalazzo!) @ Pike (-) developers forum