On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 6:12 AM, Danesh Daroui <danesh.dar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have only the branch for version 8.0. I upgraded my autoconf (it is weird
> if autoconf 2.13 is the source of the problem!) and now the error with VPATH
> is gone, but at the end, compilation fails and no executable is generated. I
> have attached the log file of my compilation. My branch is also up-to-date.
> I have run "git pull" before and "git fetch" continuously. Any help will be
> appreciated. I also got the following warnings which seem not to be a big
> deal:

This bit looks odd, but I can't be sure that's a problem, and what
you're seeing is listed as a warning:

checking gtk/gtk.h usability... yes
checking gtk/gtk.h presence... no
checking for gtk/gtk.h... yes

It's usable but not present. Odd.

Anyway, see if you can run bin/pike - the executable is created deep
in the build directory, but there's a script ~/pike/bin/pike that
should find stuff and run it.

rosuav@sikorsky:~/pike$ bin/pike
Pike v8.0 release 1 running Hilfe v3.5 (Incremental Pike Frontend)

If that works, 'sudo make install' should also work.

ChrisA