See attached test-case: run main.pike.

When a function is defined in a file, I would normally expect that
resolv() is not called. But if the function definition is below the
usage, resolv() is called, but the result seems to be ignored; the
code uses the function from elsewhere in the file. (Note that above()
is never retrieved in that way.)

This normally wouldn't be a problem, but I use the resolv() calls to
detect dependencies, and this oddity was resulting in a file being
purportedly dependent on itself. (Was able to deal with that by
reordering code, fortunately.)

Any idea why this happens? Is it intended behaviour?

ChrisA