Hello all,

A few months (or more) ago, Bertrand and I were discussing the idea of creating a set of docker images for pike. I realize that in the simplest possible reality, these would just be a base OS with the appropriate pike packages installed. However, I think it might still be worthwhile preparing these, especially if it was an automated process. For a lot of people, pulling and running a docker image is (for whatever reason) more desirable than installing a pike package (if it existed).

I was thinking we would provide image based on some standard distros (debian, etc) as well as perhaps one or more of the "ultra light" distros like alpine. Bertrand has a repo with some of his work here:

https://github.com/bertrand-lupart/docker-pike

One thing we thought might be helpful would be to have a pike organization on docker hub, in order to better indicate these are "official" in some sense of the word. Getting an organization set up for open source projects is free, but we wanted to get consensus before this was done... is there an official owner that should be doing this, or should we set it up and then (if necessary) transfer ownership at a later time? Does anyone object to the idea in whole or part?

As always, thoughts and suggestions are welcome!

Bill
  • pik... william
    • ... Marcus Comstedt (ACROSS) (Hail Ilpalazzo!) @ Pike (-) developers forum
    • ... Bertrand Lupart