Hello,

On 2013-07-29 16:47, NetCetera Lists wrote:

I am wondering if it is possible to install piler on a low volume
existing mail server - either directly (I doubt it...) or using a VM
installed on the existing mail server.

even though piler is expected to have its own host (either physical or
virtual), it's possible to put it to the same host where your mail server
runs.

The trick is that you should configure piler to listen on a different
IP-address not where your MTA is (and your MTA should not listen on 0.0.0.0:25).

So for example add a private address as an IP-alias, eg. 10.1.2.3, and
add a hostname to /etc/hosts:

10.1.2.3     my.archive

Then set this in your MTA to pass a copy to it. In case of postfix it could be:

always_bcc = archive@my.archive

Janos