Hello Jeff,

On 2013-12-03 04:39, Jeff Larsen wrote:
I have successfully set up mailpiler in a virtual machine, but the
best storage available that will be large enough is on an NFS server.
I have set up the NFS destination with autofs and linked it to
/var/piler/store. But what will piler do if the NFS server reboots
while piler is running?

that's a pretty unfortunate situation. If it's a planned maintenance,
then I recommend to stop piler before.

If it's an unexpected event, then the piler daemon won't be able create
or write the required subdirectories, and files, and it will or at least
should return a 45x error code to the mail server.

Please check if /var/piler/store is owned by root, and /var/piler/store/00
is owned by piler.

I you have such a setup already, then please test whether piler behaves properly.
I'll try this soon.

Janos