On Sun, 28 Feb 2016, Matt . wrote:

Do I miss something here ? I'm figuring out the right query method
using the form.

not sure. You said you had running the cron jobs, I assume files under /var/piler/sphinx has recent timestamps, and their sizes grows.

Also check if youi have lots of status=stored lines in the mail log (ie. the piler daemon archives emails). Then check the metadata table in the
piler database and verify that it has lots of entries.

Janos

Hi sorry,

I get than indeed 3 mails back from a domain where mail has been
generated for today.

sphinx query: 'SELECT id FROM main1,dailydelta1,delta1 WHERE
MATCH('') ORDER BY `sent` DESC LIMIT 0,1000 OPTION max_matches=1000'
in 0.00 s, 3 hits, 3 total found

But as there are more mails from the past, which I tried using the
search field with dates, etc before I'm unsure if that works well.

I asked you to hit the search button, then show me the sphinx query,
not "type *, then hit the search button, and show me the sphinx query".

Note that there's indeed wildcard search, but not as you tried to use it.

Janos