Hello Raimer,

On 2016-04-09 14:12, Raimar Sandner wrote:
Hi all,

I'm reaching out one more time, maybe someone can help me with this folders-
problem described below.

Cheers
Raimar

On Montag, 1. Februar 2016 13:51:51 CEST Raimar Sandner wrote:

I'm having trouble making folders work in piler. I do realize this is not an 'official' feature, but it might be exactly the thing I need. This is my use case: I want to archive the emails of two users, Alice and Bob, and both should have access only to their own emails. I won't be using smtp, just pilerimport from time to time. Ideally I would not like to bother with
the various email addresses or domains the users have.

To me this looks just like the feature folders could offer, using

pilerimport -F alice ...

or

pilerimport -F bob ...

However I cannot make this work the way I want, I'm confused how to manage the folders. I deleted everything, databases and sphinx index to have a fresh start as described in the FAQ, and I edited the configuration files to enable folders. Then I imported a few mails with pilerimport -F alice,
but I cannot see them as auditor. I tried to create a regular user
alice@local and to give this user permission to the folder alice. As admin, on the 'edit user' page I see 'Search folders' and 'Folders', but when I
enter 'alice' to either field this does not seem to have any visible
effect, when the user settings are loaded again both fields are empty. Also
I'm not sure if I have to create the folders somewhere before actually
using them. In the admin account there is no folder menu.

Sorry if I got this all wrong. Could you maybe explain how it is supposed to
work?

the folder idea may be used to override the usual permissions based on the sender or recipient addresses. Thus it's no more any use if you are an auditor, you need
specific access rights for the given folder(s).

So login as admin, create a user, and assign him either alice or bob folder. Then login as this user, and verify that you can actually see this folder on
the settings page.

Finally click on the search button, and show me the sphinx query (see the maillog).

Janos