Damien Donlon wrote:
> Last month Rafaella Braconi mentioned that we want to test a new process
> for contributing translated content for OpenOffice.org. ...
> I hope this doesn't sound two much like homework but I have also
> attached  a document with some suggested exercises

I did the suggested exercises for the Italian localization a couple of
days ago; it took slighlty longer than 24 hours, but I got the expected
results. Please note that I am the QA lead for Italian, but we also have
a localization team and I expect them to take over once the process is
stable.

Exercise #1: (OO-REVIEWABLE-MESSAGE in description is to be read as
OO-REVIEWABLE-MSG, isn't it?). I translated two messages from
desktop/source/app.po into Italian and they now correctly appear at
http://86.43.75.142/oo-translation/stats/HEAD/it/desktop/index.html
as waiting for review. As already noticed, no blue bar is shown.

Exercise #2: Skipped as I don't want to break files on a system with
anonymous access.

Exercise #3: Tried with msgfmt, got no errors.

Exercise #4: I added a file with cvs add+commit. Name was
/HEAD/it/desktop/source/test-extra-file.po. It now appears on
http://86.43.75.142/oo-translation/broken.html as expected.

Overall, the process is smooth and at last on par with other free
software projects; thanks for the improvement.
Best regards,
  Andrea Pescetti.