Dear PilotAlias Members,

this is to update you on the progress of the translation process we are setting up as previously announced in this list
see the below messages for details:

http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=pilotprocess&msgNo=380
http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=pilotprocess&msgNo=390

Rail Aliev, NL-Lead/co-Lead of the OOo Russian and Turkish Community has volunteered to run the first real pilot with large volume translation.
Last Friday, we were able to provide the content for both languages.

The word count for Russian is:

26,244 total words that need to be translated
2,711 new (English) words
23,533 changed words (words from previous translation that need to be either re-translated or only updated according to the English text)

The word count for Turkish is:

470,607 total words that need to be translated
421,727 new (English) words
48,870 changed words (words from previous translation that need to be either re-translated or only updated according to the English text)

With the recent integration of 2 CWS containing many changes in the help, namely hc680dec and hc680fin, approx. 20,000 words have been introduced in the Help that either need to be translated (new word count) or that need to be reviewed and updated to the English text which has been modified.

Speaking of time frame and schedule, the first translation milestone deadline in order to meet the 2.04 release schedule is July 10th. The content can be committed periodically during translation instead of waiting the very end (in this case July 10th). Note that - based on the word count - whereas it is possible to meet this deadline for Russian, it is quite impossible for Turkish...

I am talking of the first deadline because - since this is a pilot - this will be give us the possibility to see - based on the actual word count that we will have for the the 2.04 release - how the Community and Sun/Globalization need to work together in order to have the translation completed and quality reviewed for the 2.04 release.

Kind Regards to all and really thank you to Rail for working on this pilot!

Rafaella