Hello
I have recently constructed a pinhole camera from hardwood. Apart from certain teething problems I am most concerned about the fstop of my camera. In order to be able to guarnetee getting a sharp image I got a jeweller friend of mine to drill a beautiful hole in a piece of thin metal for me and the camera has an adjustable bellows to allow me get the optimium focal length by trial and error. I haven't taken it out for a trail run yet because I haven't had access to a darkroom for a while. However that aside I am worried about the size of the pinhole. My focal length is roughly 12.5cm and the pinhole is between approx.0.5 - 0.8mm from what I can tell. I am worried about diffraction and also exposure time. Now given I will be exposing onto 120 film I don't expect to be waiting all day but still I would be grateful if anybody has any suggestions. Do you think the pinhole is too small? And given its size, as it seem sto me the projected image would be extremely small on the focal plain, do you agree?
John Burke, Ireland.