Hi Callum,

There are probably a number of things at work here.
1)  There is an a tendency with any panoramic camera to encounter uneven
light because the field of view is so wide that the light can change
significantly across it.  Eric's suggestion to meter each exposure or
portion of the scene is a good one.
2)  The convex film plane will produce some light falloff at the edges of an
individual exposure because the film is farther away from the pinhole at the
edges than at the center.
3)  The blending of three images will produce more density in the middle of
the negative than at the edges because the center pinhole casts its image
over most, but not all, of the images made by the two pinholes on either
side.  This leaves the edges of a three-pinhole image less dense than the
middle of the image.  The majority of the image is a double exposure, but at
the very edges it is only a single exposure.  The singly exposed parts at
the edge of the negative will produce a darker area in the print.  An
example of this is comparing two of the images of mine that Chris put on the
www.pinholeblender.com web site.  "Source of the Mississippi" used only the
two outer pinholes.  This shows the coverage of these two apertures.  The
dark spot in the right part of "From the Mind of Daruma," which used all
three pinholes, is where the center exposure fell off.  There are a few ways
to deal with this.
- you can utilize the fall off as part of the image or your style in making
images.
- you can crop the image to leave the dark areas out or to minimize them
(what I do mostly).
- you can dodge the edges when printing.
- one idea that I've started to experiment with is advancing the film and
making essentially a five-pinhole image with the intention of cropping out
the sides for the final print.  The outer exposures should be the same
density and color as the adjacent exposures.  This IS an experiment; I
haven't had a chance to print one of these yet but the negs look promising.

Hope this helps.

Tom Miller