Hi:

You should try an alkaline fixer.  These have no odor - but also no
hardener - but this shouldn't be a problem.

I have a formula for this - I mix it myself - can you mix your own
chemicals?

To get rid of the smell you need something that draws air off the surface
of the tray - I think a bathroom fan my just get all the air moving around
and could be worse than no fan at all -depends on the strengh of the fan
maybe.

Another solution is to cover the trays - just open them long enough to get
a print in or out.

Gord