Dear All,

It is midday here with the sun shining brightly over a cool ( -9 C)
but snowless landscape.  One year of pinholin' is drawing to a close
and another dawning brightly on the time horizon.

The 2002 Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day was a tremendous success,
with 902 folks from 35 countries contributing to the celebration's
exhibit www.pinholeday.org/gallery.  Now we're less than four months
from the next celebration on April 27, 2003.  Some related events are
already scheduled with many others in the works; the press release is
being ironed out; the web site is being prepared for 2003; the gallery
gift shop is open.

In "Alice in Wonderland," the March Hare and Mad Hatter celebrated
un-birthdays every day of the year but one.  We're lucky to have this
discussion list as our ongoing un-PinholeDay celebration.  And yet
there is nothing like the main event on April 27.  Please consider
participating in the 2003 WPPD celebration by organizing or attending
a workshop; a get-together with friends for a tiny aperture "shoot" on
Pinhole Day; or create your own solo flight.  Then watch the
internet's premier exhibit of pinhole photography unfold through the
end of May!

>From my heart and on behalf of the entire 2003 WPPD Coordinating
Committee:  A Happy New Year of Pinholin' to you and yours!!

  Tom Miller (USA - team leader)
  Gregg Kemp (USA)
  Zernike Au (Hong Kong)
  Ed Levinson (Japan)
  Rosanne Stutts (USA)
  Jean Daubas (France)
  Guillermo Penate (Canada)
  Guy Glorieux (Canada)
  Bill Erickson (USA)

P.S.  A special thanks to Gregg Kemp, who's expertise and dedication
makes the discussion list and WPPD exhibit possible.