*snip*

Are you saying that digital folk are just as obsessed with CCD's and KPT's
as I am with aluminum foil, black tape boxes and plastic chemical containers
of all shapes and sizes?

*snip*

Yes, maybe even more obsessed...ask me how many scanners I own, and how many
of them I actually use! (ok, let's not go there!)

Seriously, I spent almost every waking hour of my 4 years of college in the
darkroom, and yet now, when I own a home with a lovely space for a darkroom,
and all of the equipment I need(x2!) I don't have a darkroom! Why? Because I
don't need one for the type of work I do, and my highly experimental nature
has led me to digital processes(it also doesn't help that I work for Adobe!)
and I haven't had enough of a need for a darkroom to justify setting it up.
I still shoot with $10 plastic cameras, and pinhole cameras made out of
everything from PVC pipe to suitcases, the only thing that has changed is a
few steps of the process, and the process led me to change those steps(how's
that for some good ole art-speak?!)

Bottom line is: For me, the film and digital worlds meld wonderfully, and I
don't see any reason they can't play well together. What matters is what you
choose to do for your own work, and what your work asks of you. Don't mean
to get too art-schooly on all of you, but it happens!

My .95...

-Dan