Hi:

It seems to last for a while.  So far I think I've preflashed film and
shot it a week later and had good results.

I'm testing this now :) - Its getting too dark here for pinhole shots by
5:00 pm - Since I work till then I'm only shooting on weekends.  Since I
have young kids I'm very busy weekends :( .  I have some film that was
flahsed last month in a camera waiting to be shot.

If the pre-flashing acts like a normal latent image - it could last for
years.  Last year I found some sheet film holders with film.  Turned out
to be shots taken 8 years ago.  They turned out fine. :)

Gord