At 05:58 PM 6/17/2002 +0100, you wrote:
I am still using this camera ( camera box made from black card and attached
to a cartridge of 126 film - increasingly difficult to get hold of! The
pinhole is made from aluminium pastry foil) despite manual wind-on problems
etc. Could Guillermo or one of the experts please tell me who first
described it. Do you have the reference to a paper or did it first appear on
the internet? I'm hoping to write a paper and would like to give credit to
the person.
Thanks, and happy pinholing everyone
Roger

There's quite a bit of documentation on 126 pinhole cameras on the web. Kodak use to have a page on it before the 126 film format was discontinued. I have a copy of the original Kodak how-to page stored here (with Kodak's permission):

        http://www.???????/resources/pinhole126/pinhole.htm

Here's another, similar how-to page:

        http://www.exploratorium.edu/light_walk/camera_todo.html

A search at google.com for "126 pinhole camera" will display many more links.

And here's a photo I uploaded last year of some of the camera bodies I've used out of paper towel and toilet paper tubes:

        http://www.???????/discussion/upload/gallery2001.php?pic=126bodies.jpg

- hope this is helpful,

Gregg