I know the thread on developing sheet film is a little old, but I just
thought I would throw this in.

As I mentioned before, tubes are my preferred way of developing, but they
are limited to as many tubes as you can juggle at a time.  I just made a new
system, by gluing nine tubes together.  I was planning on using 12 tubes,
but I accidentally bought 5 ft of pipe instead of 6 ft.  I ended up with 10
pieces, but just put 9 together.  I developed the first batch tonight, and
it worked very well.  The anti-halation backing doesn't cleared very well in
tubes, so I took the film out and put them in hangers to sit in the fixer
for a while.  I also put them back into the used developer to get more stain
(using pyro developer).  For agitation, I lifted the unit out of the
developer three times, every thirty seconds.

See pictures at
http://sa.kungfuchrist.com/cosmic9/tubes.jpg  and
http://sa.kungfuchrist.com/cosmic9/tanks.jpg

John