Chris,

I have compared pinhole paper negatives with and without a yellow filter in
front of the pinhole, and have found that the filter reduces contrast and
improves the tonal range of the negative, making contact printing much easier.
The positive prints still have an orthochromatic look because only a portion
of the visible spectrum is being used.

The paper, of course, has to be variable contrast paper which will yield a
lower contrast image in response to yellow filtration.  (This is just the
opposite effect of a yellow filter producing more contrast with panchromatic
film.)  The filter also blocks UV light to which the paper is sensitive.  Blue
and UV light can overwhelm a paper negative if you are shooting at altitude or
at the seashore.

Your use of a #0 contrast printing filter may give 'better' results than the K2
or #8 camera filter I use because the #8 is a cutoff filter whereas the #0
will allow some blue light to pass.  I'm considering the permanent installation
of a #0 in the next camera I make.

Bob