Rapid Access Developer will likely give you a high contrast image.  Its
not likely what you want.

You can make these films give a continuous tone by using a very low
contrast developer.  People use highly diluted print developers such as
dektol diluted 1:30.

The contrast is dependent upon the dilution.  The more diluted the lower
the contrast.

A more reliable technique is to use a developer specifically formulated to
develop high contast film to a continuous tone negative.

I have had very good success using a specially formulated low contrast
developer called LC-1

see http://members.aol.com/fotodave/Articles/LC-1.html - though you must
mix this yourself.

The biggest negative I've done so far is 12 by 18 inches.

Gord