Hi:

>From what I have read the polymer plates need a screen.

There is a very good web site about photopolymer plates at
http://axp.psl.ku.dk/~ross/Ph_grav.html

This source of screens is recommended:

      Hellas Grafisk ApS
      Islandsgade 28-30
      DK-4690 Haslev
      Phone: (+45) 56 31 30 30
      Fax: (+45) 56 31 70 30

Though I think I will try and find a North American distributor.

I suspect the litho plates will need a screen.  We're going to try some
without any first.

I think an easy way of producing a "low budget" screened image is to print
out the image with a laserprinter an acetate.  The laser printer makes its
own "screen" I've seen gum-bichromate prints done this way.  Its sort of a
failsafe way of doing this.

By the way - if this is becoming too much of a alt-photo discussion we can
move it to the alt-photo list :)

Gord

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Colin Talcroft wrote:

> Still interested to hear if anyone knows what kind of
> tonal range the oven cleaner method allows. Also
> interested in ongoing reports on the UV-sensitive
> resin emulsion developed in water that someone
> mentioned. I suspect these both require screens to get
> any kind of tonal range. Given the already highly
> contrasty nature of pinhole negtives in many cases, I
> wonder if this approach would yield good results very
> often, but who knows?

Gordon J. Holtslander           Dept. of Biology
hol...@duke.usask.ca            112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg    University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433              Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461              Canada  S7N 5E2