Dear All,

My 2 cents on electrical tape...  Mostly I've used electrical tape for
shutters, mounting pinholes and sealing the edges of box and can
cameras.  I've used the cheap stuff and stopped using it.  It would
lose its sticking ability within a few exposures and leave glue on the
pinholes and can rims.  It gets stiff in winter making it hard to get
the shutter back on in sub-freezing temperatures.  I started using 3M
electrical tape, which costs 2 - 6 times as much (depending on sale
prices v. full retail).  Its worth it, though: I use way less of it.
It is easy to work with, maintains its elasticity in winter with and
can be used repeatedly.  I've used the same long strip of tape for
many exposures over many months to light-seal the lid on large popcorn
cans.

Tom