Thanks for the comments on the picture.  This was taken on the
Chattahoochie river right before a huge storm.  The water, below the dam,
in the picture was teaming with huge alligator gar fish, which made the
scene even more surreal in person.  These huge, seemingly armor plated,
fish would swim right up to my feet, and glance at me, before swirling
off!

The other picture on my site, of the pond with pond stumps, was taken on
WWPD, a few minutes after I took the photo that I submitted on the WWPD
site (#66).  The sun was rising in the background, and created a portion
of negative that, when scanned, created a solarization effect, where
"negative" and "positive" reverse on portions of the image.  By changing
contrast values, I could have nullified the effect, but I kind of like it,
so I left it!

I like the "movement" effect that someone talked about here.  I think that
it is created by, or at least intensified by, the sharpness falloff on the
edges of a pinhole picture when using very short focal length.  It kind of
gives a stretching effect. I can't remember, but the Columbus picture was
either 40mm or 75mm focal length..

The software that I used to display the thumbnails, is a modified version
of a program called "nailcutter" by Thomas Weinert
http://www.subjective.de/en/nail/index.php4

Greg Kemp, our host, turned me on to this program. He uses it to portray
the "upload gallery" which is associated with this discussion group:
http://www.???????/discussion/upload/