When I use paper negatvies I use Oriental Premium RP M-2. (2 is the lowest
grade they make). It is a resin coated paper with a real flat matt
surface.It is my understanding that it is non-developer incorporated so it
develops more slowly especially if the paper developer is diluted (for
example 1:4 instead of 1:2) The negative will continue to develop for up to
4 minutes... similar to fiber based paper. I prefer a multigrade paper
though when printing the paper negatives to positive.

Ed

>--- Bruce Klemz <bkl...@vax2.winona.msus.edu> wrote:
>
>> Reading Kodak's website for Polycontract RC this looks good, but so does
>> their Polymax RC. Then over to Ilford and their Multigrade IV RC DLX also
>> looks good. I'm sure this has been answered before in these postings, but
>> what brand and paper should I use as a newbee to this format and technique?
>> Thanks for the help, Bruce.
>
>I seldom use paper, but when I do I use Ilford MGIV.  I have read people say
>that Kodak's logo will show through, but never experienced this myself.  Best
>is probably to use whatever you are most accustomed to using, then change if
>you encounter a problem.

>george

  Edward Levinson
*Specializing in Fine Art and Editorial Pinhole Photography*
*online portfolio at http://www.awa.or.jp/home/edo *