At 09:17 AM 5/11/01 -0700, you wrote:
Every time I hit the WWPD Gallery to see what's new, there are always a few
more images that are absolutely amazing.  Very, very well done!

Thanks to all who organized and publicized, thanks to all who made and
submitted great images, thanks for all who worked to do the excellent web
site... thanks, thanks, and more thanks!

Michael Georgoff
San Jose, CA

Michael,

If I may speak for the rest of the coordinating team, thanks for the compliments on the web site. And I join you in saluting everyone who made plans and took photos on pinhole day. The imagination and diversity of the work shared in the exhibit has been a real joy - and something new every day!

Congratulations to us all! The idea was born on this list and it has been a real whirlwind of effort to bring it to life. Thanks especially go to the hard work of Guy Glorieux, Jean Daubas, and Diana Bloomfield. These three people in particular assumed much of the responsibility for getting out the word and coordinating the development of a multi-language web site (12 languages). It would be hard to find any organization anywhere in the world able to accomplish such a feat in such a short time! And without a budget!

Thanks also go to coordinating team members Larry Fratkin, Ed Levinson, George Smyth, Zernike Au (who had the original idea), Pam Niedermayer, and Guillermo Penate, plus the many volunteers around the world who translated web pages and promotional material into their native languages, and those who helped spread the word about pinhole day in all kinds of ways. I encourage everyone to take a look at the list of people who contributed to this event at http://www.pinholeday.org/org/?page=team and shame on anyone who hasn't seen the on-line exhibit (is that possible?).

I regret there isn't a guest book or some other means of discussion on the pinhole day photos. But, this morning I added a link to send an email to individual contributors to the exhibit, if anyone would like to do so. And, of course, this discussion list can serve as a place to share anything related to pinhole day or the exhibit. And please speak up with any ideas for next year.

Gregg

Pinhole Visions at http://www.???????
Worldwide Pinhole Photograhy Day at http://www.pinholeday.org