On Wed, 2 May 2001, Jarred McCaffrey wrote:

> In particular I am looking at lenses such as sheet magnifiers found in
> OfficeMax
> or a fresnel lens from an overhead projector.

Try Edmund Scientific

http://www.edmundscientific.com/Products/Search.cfm?query=fresnel

Another option is RV (recreational vehicles or motor-homes) supply shops.
They often sell wide angle fresnel lenses.  They are meant to be stuck in
the rear window to be used as a wide angle viewer.

Gord

Gordon J. Holtslander           Dept. of Biology
hol...@duke.usask.ca            112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg    University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433              Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461              Canada  S7N 5E2