--- William Erickson <erick...@ic.mankato.mn.us>
wrote:
> In addition to using the holders, you'll have to
> devise a method for
> securing them to your camera in a light tight
> fashion. I build wooden boxes
> and use a wood pressure plate sprung with the
> springy things you  get in
> metal frame hardware kits.

What exactly do you mean by "metal frame hardware
kits"? I've been looking for a way to create a
universal film holder for odd cameras. That is, I
enjoy building strange pinhole and zone plate "front
ends" but find the convenience of being able to use
roll film or my Polaroid 4x5 film holder for the "back
end" almost irresistable. It would be great to have a
reliable way to create a device for the back ends with
the usual sort of spring mechanism that holds a
Polaroid film holder (or the adapters that allow a 4x5
camera to take 120 film--mine is made by Horseman) and
then reliably attach it to front ends made of wood or
cardboard or plastic or whatever interesting stuff is
at hand.

Does anyone have any ideas? I wonder if my question is
comprehensible.

To give one example, I have a small wooden front end
that I love (Tina, this is the camera I used for the
Sebastopol interiors), but use it less than I would
like to because I have so much trouble securing it to
a back end. I have used weather stripping, but that
squashes, I get light leaks (sometimes not), and it
slips around unless secured with big, awkward metal
clamps that make it impossible to use the tripod mount
I put on the bottom. I'd love to be able to just pop
holders onto the back of this thing. Here is a picture
of the front end, if anyone cares to look. You can se
the weather stripping at the bottom.

http://www.sonic.net/~talcroft/camera.jpg

Any help appreciated. I guess the long and the short
of it is, I want to take pictures, not fool with
rubber bands and clips and clamps....

Colin