In defense of hardware geeks, different people photograph different things.
Some subjects others photograph do not interest me.  However, we may have a
common ground in regard to the hardware used and we might find be able to
share techniques that improve both our respective photographs.

Not every hardware geek expects the latest hardware to improve his photograph
or his eye.  New hardware might make the capture of  an image easier.

I started taking picture with my mother's Kodak Brownie Special. The cutest
little Bakelite camera taking 8 pictures on 127 roll film. I learned to
develop film and   make contact prints and later enlargements because I used
that camera.  When  I got my Lubitel 2  I talked shutter speeds and f-stops.
I did the same when  I got my Exa 1a.  Never did I forget that my eye and my
brain were essential  to a good photograph.

There are many nitwits who assume that the more expensive the camera the
better.  Remember those folks probabily did even read the instruction manual.

So don't abuse us hardware geeks-we're not all stupid.

James Johnston