Simon Cygielski wrote:

> This may be too late, as I didn't have a chance to read my mail since
> Thursday, but I think that Colin's edit of the press release reads
> better than the one posted on pinholeday.org.
>
> Simon

Hi Simon!

Thanks for your comment.

The Press Release, like any other document intending to convey a
particular message from a group of people, was developed through the
efforts and input of several members of the Coordinating Team.  The
wording and paragraph structure were chosen following a lot of group
discussion and successive iterations on what we believed was the best way
of transmitting the message to the media that a group of pinhole
photographers were launching a worldwide pinhole photography day.

Colin did a splendid job at providing a fresh perspective on what we had
put together from my initial draft press release some three weeks ago and
we retained many of the improvements he generously offered.  At the same
time, there were also many times where the specific wording we had chosen
was based on a thorough discussion of what we really intended to say and
we decided to retain that particular wording or structure.  This was not
intended to minimize Colin's efforts, but rather to add one additional
level of contribution to a collective effort.

If you ever get involved in a similar process or if you get to read a lot
of similar documents, you come to will realize that ultimately the final
document constitutes the "common ground" between many different
perspectives on each of the points being addressed, one of them being the
requirement that it should read in the best possible language...   -:))

Hope this helps!  And, Colin, just a word to say that your input was
tremendously appreciated!

Cheers,

Guy