Tri-X has been around for decades and so have cameras
with red filmcounter windows.  The paper backing is light
tight, but if you expect to have the back of the camera
exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time you
could always put a small piece of (for example) gafer's
tape over the window.

Mike Vande Bunt