Joao Ribeiro wrote:

> C,a va' Guy,
>
> > By contrast, my spouse is a B&W person and she has turned into a ZP addict,
> > producing effects quite similar to infra-red.  Which naturally led her to
> > test IR film with ZP.  But then the combination of the two was too
> > contrasty, so she's doing either ZP or IR.
>
> I always wanted to know how IR ZP would look like. Does she have a web site?

Not at present.  She looks at me on the computer and the internet and says: "not
for me"... Of the two of us, I'm sure she is the wisest!  Oh, the time wasted on
the internet or fixing faulty systems on the computer...  -:))

> IR films are prohibited here in Brazil (don't ask me why)

This is really weird!

> so the best I can do now
> is digital IR with my nikon 950.

How would this work?  Digital IR, this is the first time I hear about this.  How
exactly do you set the camera to cut down on the precise frequency of IR?  Or do
you just use a full IR filter?  Are the light cells sensitive to IR?  Hmmm!  I
have
a friend who would want to know all about this area!

> Maybe in the future I'll convert it to ZP.

It should be fairly easy.
BTW, for those who are interested, an easy way to create an IR filter is to
take a
piece of unexposed chrome film and to have it processed.  It will be opaque, of
course, but it will not block IR wavelength.  Put it on your flash, the flash
will
block conventional light waves but will create a source of IR.  Neat....
See Andrew Davidhazy:
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/text-infrared-filter.html

There are quite a number of other interesting IR-related (and non-IR-related)
articles from Andrew on the following site, including (I've just discovered)
articles on digital IR which you might enjoy.  Check:
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/articles.html

Oh, Joao, since you're from Brazil, you might also enjoy the following reference
from the same source:
"A Use for that Last Cup of Coffee: Film and Paper Development " or  how to
process
your prints in coffee!
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/text-coffee.html

I've tried it and it works.  Very long processing times but interesting
"sepia-tone"-type of results.  Looks like very ancient photographs...

> I do both, but mainly ZP as I have it installed on a 35 mm camera, so it is
> always with me and in bright days I can handheld the camera.

Yeap!  This is how she works too.

Best,

Guy Glorieux
Montreal, Canada