This is an automated email from the git hooks/post-receive script.
smcv pushed a commit to branch quake
in repository game-data-packager.
Author: Bruno "Fuddl" Kleinert <fu...@debian.org>
Date: Sun Feb 12 10:00:18 2006 +0000
Updated ioquake3-common template. (Removed statement about quake3-data
package) - We should start to inject one to the svn
debian/changelog | 3 ++-
debian/ioquake3-common.templates | 23 ++++++++---------------
2 files changed, 10 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)
diff --git a/debian/changelog b/debian/changelog
index 94b02da..48f91e7 100644
@@ -7,8 +7,9 @@ ioquake3 (1.33+svn530-1) unstable; urgency=low
Team Arena installer package.
* Cleaned up debian/rules.
* Added Fuddl to Uploaders.
+ * Updated ioquake3-common template
- -- Bruno "Fuddl" Kleinert <fu...@gmx.de> Sun, 12 Feb 2006 00:44:42 +0100
+ -- Bruno "Fuddl" Kleinert <fu...@gmx.de> Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:49:25 +0100
quake3 (1.33+svn530-1) unstable; urgency=low
diff --git a/debian/ioquake3-common.templates b/debian/ioquake3-common.templates
index cf75110..79c360f 100644
@@ -1,23 +1,16 @@
-Description: Quake III Data Files
- This package only provides the Quake III Engine (GPL) that is being
- improved by volunteers. In order to play, you need some (currently)
- non GPL data-files. Since they are non-free, they cannot be distributed
- by GNU/Debian.
+Description: Quake III data files
+ This package only provides the free Icculus.Org Quake III game engine.
+ In order to play id Software Inc.'s Quake III Arena, you need some non-free
+ data files. Since they are non-free, they cannot be distributed by Debian.
- You can choose to manually copy the data files into the
- right location or use the quake3-data package available from
+ The ioquake3-common package (On which this package depends), depends on a
+ quake3-data package which will perform the installation of the non-free data
+ files for you.
This installer will give you the choice to play with the Demo files or
- install from a Quake III Arena CD. In any case, you will need to
+ install from a Quake III Arena CD-ROM. In any case, you will need to
install the point release in order to be able to play the game. Note
that the shareware version does not allow you to play on full servers
(or the other way around).
- This package is not distributed in GNU/Debian because we are working on
- a better, more general and more flexible solution instead of limiting
- users to only Quake III Arena since this engine supports more Q3 based
- games and (total) conversions.
Alioth's /usr/local/bin/git-commit-notice on
Pkg-games-commits mailing list