-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 12:42:09PM +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:
> > This is not the first time that you are blaming me for submitting
> > FTBFS bugs, but it is not required for the submitter to state more
> > than the error message (which I did) - it is the maintainer who
> > is supposed to debug problems.
> This might be true but in Debian aren't we trying to work together as a
> Whilst you may have submitted this original report with the very best
> of intentions, to reply that you were technically within the rules is
> not a particularly productive response in context and hardly going to
> lead to a quick and amicable conclusion. :)
Does immediate downgrading and closing of the bug without looking
at the contents lead to a quick and amicable conclusion?
And quoting from the two emails by Bas Couwenberg in this bug:
- - "Filing this bug is very premature"
- - "Your bugreports are filed blindly"
- - "your bugreport does not state any specific issue"
- - "I very much hate bugreports like that, which I'm very tempted to just
blindly close (with `bts close`) from now on."
- - "Provide better bugreports in the future, or I will start closing them
- - "The issue that your bugreport template is substandard remains."
Please give a signed answer whether you as DPL consider both the
contents and the quantity of these statements appropriate for
"working together as a team" in Debian.
> Best wishes,
Thanks in advance
"Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Pkg-grass-devel mailing list