Owner: Debian GIS Project <email@example.com>
* Package name : spatialindex
Version : 1.3.2
Upstream Author : Marios Hadjieleftheriou <mha...@gmail.com>
* URL : http://trac.gispython.org/spatialindex
* License : LGPL 2.1+
Programming Lang: C++
Description : A general framework to manage spatial indexes
Spatialindex is a C++ library that provides a framework for
developing spatial indices. Currently it defines generic interfaces,
provides simple main memory and disk based storage managers and a
robust implementation of an R*-tree, an MVR-tree and a TPR-tree.
The purpose of this library is to provide:
1. An extensible framework that will support robust spatial indexing
2. Support for sophisticated spatial queries. Range, point location,
nearest neighbor and k-nearest neighbor as well as parametric queries
(defined by spatial constraints) should be easy to deploy and run.
3. Easy to use interfaces for inserting, deleting and updating
4. Wide variety of customization capabilities. Basic index and storage
characteristics like the page size, node capacity, minimum fan-out,
splitting algorithm, etc. should be easy to customize.
5. Index persistence. Internal memory and external memory structures
should be supported. Clustered and non-clustered indices should be
easy to be persisted.
Pkg-grass-devel mailing list