"Francesco P. Lovergine" <fran...@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 07:58:07PM +0200, Arto Jantunen wrote:
>> Kurt Roeckx <k...@roeckx.be> writes:
>> > I wanted a newer version, so I've prepared a package for myself
>> > and put it up at:
>> > http://people.debian.org/~kroeckx/shapelib/
>> >
>> > I really dislike that they dropped the support for a shared
>> > library.
>> They never had a shared library, it's a Debian modification. I have a
>> version of this package done that keeps the shared lib (and bumps the
>> soname) waiting for comments from the rest of the team before I push it
>> out.
> There are not rdepends that could cause problems, so it is ok for me pushing
> that change. Any reason to have policy stuck to 3.9.3?

No real reason, I simply haven't gone through the policy changes and
verified that it's ok to bump standards-version. I'll do that soonish
unless someone beats me to it.

Also I did successfully build test all of the rdeps, but this is still a
transition and as such needs an ok by the release team before uploading
to unstable.

Arto Jantunen

Pkg-grass-devel mailing list

Reply via email to