Owner: Bas Couwenberg <sebas...@xs4all.nl>
* Package name : osmium-contrib
Version : 0.0~20150306-0c4f263
Upstream Author : Osmium Developers <d...@openstreetmap.org>
* URL : http://osmcode.org/osmium-contrib/
* License : public-domain
Programming Lang: C++
Description : Various programs showing what you can do with the Osmium
Osmium Contrib contains various programs showing what you can do with the
The osmium-contrib repository collects little programs that use the Osmium
library in various ways. These programs can be useful in their own right, but
they also provide nice examples for developers who want to learn about the
features of the Osmium library.
Currently the following programs are available:
* amenity_list - Print list of amenities in OSM file
* export_to_wkt - Write out node, way, and area geometries as WKT
* mapolution - Show evolution of OSM map
* node_density - Create image showing OSM node density
* pub_names - Extract names of pubs from OSM file
* road_length - Calculate length of highways from an OSM file
The Osmium library has extensive support for all types of OSM entities: nodes,
ways, relations, and changesets. It allows reading from and writing to OSM
files in XML and PBF formats, including change files and full history files.
Osmium can store OSM data in memory and on disk in various formats and using
various indexes. Its easy to use handler interface allows you to quickly write
data filtering and conversion functions. Osmium can create WKT, WKB, OGR, GEOS
and GeoJSON geometries for easy conversion into many GIS formats and it can
assemble multipolygons from ways and relations.
This package is part of the new Osmium family superseding the existing osmium
source package. The new Osmium family consists of libosmium, node-osmium,
pyosmium, osmium-tool, osmium-contrib & osmcoastline.
The packages for the Osmium family will be maintained in the Debian GIS team.
Pkg-grass-devel mailing list