(new) java-package_0.50.dsc optional contrib/misc
(new) java-package_0.50.tar.gz optional contrib/misc
(new) java-package_0.50_all.deb optional contrib/misc
Utility for creating Java Debian packages
This package provides the capability to build a Debian package from
a Java binary distribution by running make-jpkg <java binary archive file>.
(with archive files downloaded from providers listed below)
Supported java binary distributions currently include:
* Oracle (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads) :
- The J2SE Development Kit (JDK), version 6 (update >= 10), 7
- The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE), version 6 (update >= 10), 7
- The J2SE API Javadoc, version 6 (update >= 10), 7
(Choose tar.gz archives or self-extracting archives, do _not_ choose the RPM!)
Please note that Debian recommends the use of openjdk-6-jdk/openjdk-6-jre
or openjdk-7-jdk/openjdk-7-jre. java-package will install non-free packages.
Changes: java-package (0.50) unstable; urgency=low
* Java-package reset for reintroduction in debian (removal of all
previously supported jvm, global refactoring).
* Add support for Oracle Java 6 (update >= 10)
* Add support for Oracle Java 7
* Add support for .jinfo file (update-java-alternatives tool)
* Use jdk included jre binaries (jdk/jre/bin/*)
* Print usage information on install
[ Sylvestre Ledru ]
* Long description removed
* debian-rules-missing-recommended-target removed
* maintainer-script-lacks-debhelper-token removed
* Declare the debian/compat to 7 to avoid warnings
[ Michael Kock ]
* Remove Java plugins for all browsers (Closes: #367887).
* Add support for Sun Java 6 Update XX (Closes: #514364).
Override entries for your package:
Announcing to debian-devel-chan...@lists.debian.org
Closing bugs: 367887 514364
Your package contains new components which requires manual editing of
the override file. It is ok otherwise, so please be patient. New
packages are usually added to the override file about once a week.
You may have gotten the distribution wrong. You'll get warnings above
if files already exist in other distributions.
This is the maintainer address of Debian's Java team
debian-j...@lists.debian.org for discussions and questions.