The modello.git repository on Alioth was created by cloning the upstream
SVN repository instead of the packaging repository, thus the package
history is lost and I don't think it's a good idea to use it.
I'm wondering too why the modello package was forked for the version
1.4. I tried to build maven2-core with modello 1.4 and it worked fine.
So it seems it should be possible to maintain only one version.
I plan the reconcile and upgrade the modello packages in the following way:
- Copy or rename the 1.4 repository on Alioth (modello1.4 -> modello)
- Add a modello-1.1 branch to this repository created by importing the
SVN repository on Alioth
- Upgrade the modello package to the latest 1.8.x release
- Update the maven package to use libmodello-java
- Remove libmodello1.4-java
This is the maintainer address of Debian's Java team
debian-j...@lists.debian.org for discussions and questions.